school forum

Объявление

НА ФОРУМЕ БУДЕТ ПРОВОДИТЬСЯ РАЗДАЧА ICQ НОМЕРОВ

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » school forum » 5-е Классы » Английский язык(Верищагина И.Н., Афанасьева О.В.)

Английский язык(Верищагина И.Н., Афанасьева О.В.)

Сообщений 1 страница 8 из 8

Lesson 1

— Hi! (Hello!)
— Nice to meet you.
— How old are you?
— I am fine.
— Where are you from?
— Where do you live?
— Pleased to meet you.
— How are you?

1. He is Mr. Adam Webster.
2. They are Tom and Ben Brown.
3. She is Ms Nell Poster.
4. She is Miss Betty Williams.
5. She is Mrs. Green.

Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms, Mr

dancer doctor policeman
singer sailor postman
driver tailor milkman
actor fisherman

baker, grocer, greengrocer, typist, secretary, salesman, nurse, butcher

1. a)
2. c)

— Hello, what's your name?
— Peter.
— Sorry?
— It's Peter.
— Can you spell it, please?
— P-e-t-e-r. What's your name?
— It's Olga. Do you live here?
— Yes, I do. I live at number 10, Lesnaya Street, Flat 13. What's your address, Peter?
— I live at number 50, Shirokaya Street. My flat number is 45. Are you on the phone, Olga?
— Yes.
— What's your telephone number?
— That's 437 5829.

Дружная семья

У Каролин Портер большая семья, которая состоит из девяти человек. Самая старшая в семье бабушка. Вы не поверите, но ей почти 90. Она живёт в небольшом домике в деревне. Бабушка Каролин очень интересуется жизнью. Она увлекается садоводством. В её маленьком опрятном саду очень много красивых и необычных цветов. Когда бабушка была молодой, она была зеленщицей, и работала в маленьком магазине неподалёку.
Мама и папа Каролин архитекторы. Им около 50, но они выглядят намного моложе. Они увлекаются древними русскими церквями и часто ездят в Россию. Они посещают крупные и небольшие города. Они настоящие специалисты и много знают. Они часто рассказывают своей семье о своих путешествиях.
Маму Каролин зовут Дебби. Она высокая, стройная светловолосая женщина, очень умная и милая. Её мужа зовут Питер. Он ниже своей жены. Он худой и темноволосый. Он очень смелый. Они женаты 25 лет, и настоящие друзья.
У Дебби есть брат Виктор и сестра Нелли, которая работает медсестрой в больнице. Нелли не замужем, и у неё нет детей. Виктор продавец. Он женат, и у него двое детей Боб и Полли. Они учатся в начальной школе. Кузены Каролин очень способные, они не маленького роста, но и не высокие. Им по семь лет, они светловолосые, милые и вежливые. Их родители ими гордятся. Но иногда их дети ленятся.
Кузены любят играть в активные игры. Они никогда не устают и редко ведут себя тихо. У них очень богатое воображение. Они любят много читать и слушать сказки бабушки. Жена Виктора Мэри машинистка. Она работает в крупной фирме.
Все члены семьи очень дружны и гостеприимны. К ним часто приходят в гости друзья, и они устраивают чудесные вечеринки.
Caroline's mother is Debbie. Her father's name is Peter. Caroline also has a granny. Her mother has a sister, Nelly, and a brother, Victor,
whose wife is Mary. Victor and Mary have two children, Bob and Polly.

When Granny was young she was a greengrocer. Her father and mother are architects.
Her aunt Nelly is a nurse. And her uncle Victor is a salesman. His wife Mary is a typist.

Caroline's mother is a tall woman, slim and fair-haired, very clever and nice.
Caroline's father is thin and dark-haired. He is very brave.
Caroline's cousins are very bright. They are not short but they are not tall, either. They are both seven, fair-haired, pretty and polite. Sometimes they are lazy. They like to play active games. They are never tired and are seldom quiet. They have got a reach imagination. They like to read a lot and to their Granny's fairy tales.

Nelly, Caroline's aunt, is a tall, slim, dark-haired young woman. She has long hair.
Her uncle is short fair-haired man with a round face. He has red lips and long arms.

The Brown family. The head of the family is father. He is a tall fair-haired man of 45. His name is John. He is a teacher. His wife is Jane. She is a short pretty dark-haired woman of forty. She works in a department store. She is a saleswoman. They have got a daughter, who is five. She is a good quiet girl with long hair. They are a very friendly family.

doctor, baker, butcher, grocer, greengrocer, nurse, typist, secretary

a) What is your name?
b) When were you born?
c) Where were you born?
d) How old are you?
e) Where do you live?
f) What are you?
g) How large is your family?
h) What is your address?
i) What is your telephone number?

Patrick Barlow 2, High Street, Manchester, Great Britain

1. This theatre has got many actors.
2. This town has no wide streets.
3. Do the museums have any wooden cups?
4. The woman has got a very weak voice
5. The old square has no tower.
6. This place will have no new settlements.

Nelly lives in flat 7 at number 8 Central Square, Moscow, Russia.
Michael lives in flat 34 at number 34 Yablochnaya Street, Klin, Russia.
Victor lives in flat 3 at number 21 Portovaya Street, Tver, Russia.
Peter lives in flat 53 at number 3 Zelyony Park Street, Pskov, Russia.

I live in flat 50 at number 1 Tverskaya Street, Moscow, Russia.

Lesson 2

People usually cook food in the kitchen.
People usually work or read in the study.
People usually eat in the dining-room.
People usually watch TV in the living room.
People usually talk to heir guests in the sitting room.
People usually put off their clothes in the hall.
People usually sleep in the bedroom.
People usually wash hands in the bathroom.

table, sofa, bed, chair, armchair, sofa, bench, desk, pictures, photographs, carpet, curtains, cupboard, fridge, bookcase, electric cooker, wash-bowl, wardrobe

There is a wardrobe, a carpet, a sofa, a standardlamp in the sitting room, on the walls there are pictures. There are a bed, a lamp, a wardrobe and curtains in the bedroom.
There is a cooker, a sink, a table in the kitchen.

Peter is reading a magazine and Ben and Tom are working in the study.
Ann is singing upstairs. She sings very well.
Mary and Susan are counting at the moment. Nick counts badly.
The door opens well. Peter is opening the door now.
Look! The bus is leaving. It always leaves at 8.10.

Mary is singing a song (now). She always sings well.
Peter is leaving for Moscow (now).
Kate is locking the door with the key (now).
John is washing the floor (now). He washes the floor seldom.
Children are doing the lessons (now).
Boys are spending their holidays (now).

1. Why do many people learn foreign languages?
2. What are they counting?
3. When does the plane live for London?
5. How often do they write letters to their friends?
6. When does it become dark here?
7. Who is joining us?
8. What often happens?

The modern conveniences are hotels, TV, modern flats and castles; Indian settlements, Mr. Porter's Cottage are not.

1. How do you feel?
2. Do you know what he is reading?
3. I don't understand what she is saying.
4. He doesn't see what the problem is.
5. He is sleeping now. He likes to sleep after dinner.
6. She says she hears nothing.
7. Do you see the man who is standing near the window? He wants to speak to you.

1. Usually I fly to London.
2. She never turns on central heating in summer.
3. We are often late.
4. Mr Mole reads his newspaper every morning.
5. She is seldom angry.
6. My brother always helps his mother clean the carpet with the vacuum cleaner.

1. Nelly is a nurse. She works in hospital.
2. Is your brother working in the garden? — Yes. He is watering flowers.
3. Mr Green's secretary sends letters to London every week.
4. They do not often watch TV.
5. what is he reading? — He is reading a newspaper. He always reads it in the morning.
6. Mary is cleaning the carpet with the vacuum cleaner. She does it on Monday.

1. It i s dark in the room. Turn the lights on.
2. It is cold in the room. The central heating isn't on.
3. It is very hot here, turn the electric fire off.
4. In summer the central heating is usually off in our houses.
5. My little brother can't turn on the light. He is very small.
6. Early in the morning, when it is not dark out we turn the light on.
7. Mike is doing his lessons. Turn the television off, please.

John: Hello, Mary! Nice to see you! How are you?
Mary: I'm all right and what about you?
John: I'm fine. You know we have bought a new flat.
Mary: Have you? Where is it?
John: It's flat 5, Number 50, Apple Street. The flat is modern and comfortable with all modern conveniences: gas, electricity, hot and cold running water.
Mary: I'm glad to hear that.

Каникулы Питера

Мистер и миссис Грей жили в большом городе. Мистер Грей работал в банке и проводил много времени на работе. Миссис Грей увлекалась музыкой и искусством. У Греев был сын по имени Питер. Питер хорошо успевал по всем предметам в школе, но он не любил мыться. Он ненавидел воду.
Мистер и Миссис Грей захотели провести каникулы в деревне. Они нашли небольшой милый домик недалеко от офиса Мистера Грея. Миссис и Питер поехали туда на выходные в начале июня. Позже Мистер Грей захотел присоединиться к ним. Питер с мамой уехали туда на две недели. Было уже поздно, когда они приехали в домик. Миссис Грей сказала Питеру:
— Мы пробудем здесь четырнадцать дней
Мальчик вбежал в дом, зажёг свет и заглянул во все комнаты. Он увидел кухню с белым холодильником, двумя сервантами, плитой и раковиной. В доме было электричество и газ. Ещё он увидел пылесос в углу. Гостиная с длинным зеркалом и красивым камином была великолепна. В ней можно было играть в футбол.
Питер побежал назад к маме и закричал:
— Мама! Это здорово! Но я не видел ванную. Где она?
— Здесь тяжело достать воду, — сказала мама, — и здесь нет горячей и холодной воды.
— Это очень хорошо, мама, — сказал Питер. — Каникулы действительно будут замечательные!
Peter was sure that he was going to have a nice holiday because there was no hot and cold running water in the house and Peter didn't like to wash. He hated water.

They had electricity and gas in their summer cottage.

Peter was a very jolly boy. He was a clever pupil but he was very strange, too. He didn't like to wash.

Mr and Mrs Gray wanted to go to the country to spend the summer there. They had a son, Peter, who didn't like to wash. He hated water. When Mrs Gray and Peter arrived to the cottage it was late in the evening. They had electricity and gas in the house but there was no hot and cold water in the house. So Peter thought that they were going to have a nice holiday.

My grandparents live in the country. They have a big house with all modern conveniences: gas, electricity, hot and cold running water, telephone, central heating. There are two bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, a sitting room, a bathroom in the house.

My mother gets up at 7.30. And at 9.00 she is at her working place. Usually she has a lot of work to do. She talk to many people. And when she comes home in the evening she is very tired.

Lesson 3

My father's hobby is watching football.
My friend's hobby is collecting coins and computer games.
My mother's hobby is gardening.

My favorite hobby is reading, and when I was a little boy my favorite hobby was playing with toys.

1. The Russian Army won the battle.
2. They sold newspapers just in the street the other day.
3. The boy appeared very soon.
4. He always told the truth.
5. The sun rose and everything got so bright.
6. He got up at five and caught the 6.30 bus.

Марк Твен (1835-1910). Жил в штате Миссури на берегу Миссисипи.
Писал о Томе Сойере, начал работать в 12 лет. Был моряком. Стал знаменитым в 1865 году. Был писателем коротких рассказов и великим американским сатириком. Увлекался коллекционированием вещей, которых ни у кого не было.
Джек Лондон (1876-1916). Был сыном фермера, работал на разных работах. Работал продавцом газет, мечтал о том, чтобы стать пиратом. Свою первую книгу написал в 1898 году. Писал романы и истории о животных. Какое-то время жил на Аляске, написал 152 рассказа о севере.
Вильям Шекспир (1564-1616). Жил в Стретфорде на Эвоне, учился в грамматической школе, работал актёром, играл в лондонском театре «Глоуб». Написал 37 пьес, много книг и поэм. Писал в золотой век английской литературы.
Агата Кристи (1890-1976) Получила домашнее образование. Принимала участие в войне 1914 года, вышла замуж в 1914 году. В 1920 году начала писать детективные истории. В 1926 году стала знаменитой. Написала 68 романов, 17 пьес и более сотни рассказов.
Джеймс Хедли Чейз (1906-1985). Родился в Лондоне. Начал писать в 1939 году, в этом же году стал знаменитым. Работал продавцом книг. Написал 78 книг.

1. Shakespeare was born in 1564.
2. His native city was London.
3. M. Twain was from Missouri.
4. A. Christie became famous in 1926.
5. Mark Twain was a sailor, Shakespeare was an actor, Chase was a seller.
6. Agatha Christie wrote 68 novels.
7. Jack London dreamt of becoming a pirate.
8. Mark Twain was the greatest American humorist.
9. Shakespeare wrote in the golden age of English literature.
10. Agatha Christie took part in the war of 1914.
11. She got education at home.

1. Who lived in Stratford-on-Avon?
2. Who acted in «The Globe»?
3. Who wrote in the golden age of English?

4. Who was born in 1890?
5. Who got married in 1914?
6. Who wrote more than a hundred stories?

7. Whose father was a farmer?
8. Who had a lot of jobs?
9. Who wrote stories about animals?

1. The children played volleyball at the sports ground three days ago.
2. Mary played piano after classes three days ago.
3. Nelly and Victor played badminton at the sports ground three days ago.
4. My elder sister played the guitar after classes three days ago.
5. Caroline played the violin after classes three days ago.
6. The boys played hockey at the sports ground three days ago.

My friend goes in for swimming.

Bob: Where shall we go tonight?
Mary: As you know, I'm a theatre-goer. 1 would like to go to the theatre. What's on at the «Satiricon»?
Bob: «A three-pence opera».
Mary: Who is playing?
Bob: 1 don't know but, of course, Raikin.
Mary: Oh, 1 like this actor very much. 1 would like to go.
Bob: OK. Let's hurry up.
Mary: Let's go.

Что же случилось с дядюшкой Оскаром?
Я хотел бы вам рассказать, что случилось с моим дядюшкой Оскаром, или я попытаюсь понять это и объяснить вам.
Мой дядя Оскар был очень приятным человеком. Каждое утро в понедельник, вторник, среду, четверг и пятницу он обычно садился на автобус в 7.45 и уезжал на работу. Он ездил в банк рано утром, так как он был бухгалтером (кстати очень хорошим). Он усердно работал целый день и приходил домой довольно поздно. Моему дяде было сорок семь, он был женат, и у него было двое детей.
Его жену звали Агата. Тётя Агата любила поговорить, и она всегда слишком много и громко говорила. Поэтому, я думаю, дядя Оскар редко говорил. Их дети, Элизабет и Джулиан были не очень милые. Оба были такие же большие и громкие, как и их мать. Ещё они были жадные и эгоистичные. Они особо не думали о своём отце. Он был тихий, маленький человек, который мало говорил и ходил незаметно. Он любил музыку, но не играл ни на пианино, ни на скрипке, ни на флейте, ни на каком другом музыкальном инструменте. Он практически никогда не ходил в кино и в театр, не посещал выставки и музеи.
Дядя Оскар не занимался спортом. Он не увлекался ни плаваньем, ни лыжами, ни гольфом. Вы бы никогда бы не увидели его в гостиной напротив телевизора, смотрящего спортивные программы.
Дядя Оскар никогда не жаловался на свою скучную жизнь. Я знаю, что у него было хобби. У него была очень хорошая коллекция марок, и он был счастлив только тогда, когда работал над своей коллекцией марок. Он был настоящий коллекционер. Его дети не испытывали никакого интереса к его хобби. Но я, его племянник, испытывал. Дядя Оскар показывал мне некоторые марки и объяснял, что они действительно очень дорогие.
14 октября 1951 года дядя Оскар проснулся как обычно в шесть сорок пять, приготовил себе завтрак (тётя Агата, Элизабет и Джулиан всё ещё были в постели, они не вставали раньше восьми), вышел из дома и пошёл на автобусную остановку. Некоторые люди, которые были на остановке в тот день, вообще его не видели. Другие не были так уверены. Они не могли сказать ничего определённого. Но дядя Оскар был такой человек, что другие люди редко его замечали. Одно было ясно: он никогда больше не появился в банке.
Не wasn't happy because his family didn't pay much attention to him.

1. The narrator of the story is a boy who is nephew of Uncle Oscar.
2. There were four members in Uncle Oscar's family.
3. Uncle Oscar was forty seven.
4. He was an accountant.
5. Aunt Agatha talked a lot and Uncle Oscar was always quiet.
6. 1 don't think that Uncle Oscar's children loved their father because they loved only themselves.
7. His hobby was collecting stamps.
8. His life was boring because nobody loved him.
9. Uncle Oscar didn't go in for sports.
10. He went to the bank, but he never got there.

a) I think that Uncle Oscar was a nice man. He was very kind and loving husband.
b) His wife wasn't a polite woman and she didn't love him. She always talked too much in a very loud voice. She was interested only in herself.
c) The children were not very pleasant. They didn't love Uncle Oscar, either as they only loved themselves.
d) It was a very boring life. So uncle Oscar could no longer stand it and that's why he disappeared.

On the 14th of October Uncle Oscar got up, made his own breakfast and left the house for the bank. But he never got there that morning.

Uncle Oscar got on the bus and rode to the sea port. He bought a ticket to some lonely place where he decided to spend the rest of his life. And so he did. He spent his life in a small house by the sea. And there were not any people. And when he died nobody learnt about it.

a) Visiting museums, exhibitions, galleries is my father's hobby.
b) Playing the piano is my mother's hobby.
c) Going in for sports is my brother's hobby.
d) Painting is my grandfather's hobby.
e) Listening to the radio, watching TV is my grandmother's hobby.
f) Watching video films is my sister's hobby.
g) Visiting jazz concerts is my friend's hobby.

What is your favorite famous person?
When was he born?
What did he do?
Where did he live?
What was his hobby?
Why is he your favorite person?
What else can you tell about him?

1. Who goes in for sports in your group? — My friend does.
2. Who likes to go to different exhibitions? — 1 do.
3. Who is listening to the opera now? — My mother is.
4. Who is interested in politics? — My father is.
5. Who will go to the concert next week? — Our family will.
6. Who can play the guitar? — My brother can.
7. Who must learn this poem by heart? — 1 must.
8. What museum has got a good collection of sculptures? — This museum has.

1 went to the Tretiakov Gallery last week, because it has got a good collection of pictures. 1 went there with my family. We saw many fa¬mous pictures. We arrived there in the morning. We arrived there by car. The opening hours were 10 o'clock.
It was very interesting. We arrived home in the afternoon. We are going there next Saturday again.

1. Where did he go?
2. When did he go there?
3. With whom did he go there?
4. What did he see there?
5. How interesting was it?
6. Did he like it there?
7. When did he arrive home?

Lesson 4

People can travel by car, by air, by train, by sea, by boat, by feet, by bus.
The quickest method of travelling is travelling by air.
Travelling by train is the most comfortable one. The cheapest way of travelling is travelling by feet and the most expensive is traveling by air.
The most convenient method of travelling is travelling by car. The most interesting one is travelling by car.

Was it a business or a tourist trip?
When did you arrive at the airport?
Did you have much luggage?
Did you buy a return ticket?
Which class did you fly?
How much time did it take you to fly to India?

How was your holiday?
Did you go to the seaside?
How did you go there?
Was it a fast train?
How many days did you stay there?
Was your room a double one?
How was the weather like?

voyage, by sea, on board the ship, weather, wind, trip, expensive, tourist class, a single ticket by plane

Once our family decided to go to the sea. The cheapest way to get there was to travel by train though it took much time. The weather was fine. The sun was shining all the time. And 1 enjoyed the view. It took us two days to get there. And we had return tickets. We spent two weeks at the seaside, and returned to Moscow in August.

think thought thought
drink drank drunk
sit sat sat
have had had
hear heard heard
sleep slept slept
find found found
say said said
fly flew flown
read read read
give gave given
tell told told
take took taken
understand understood understood
come came come
get got got
wear wore worn
forget forgot forgotten

never, recently, already, lately, recently, already, yet, never

Have you played tennis recently?
Have you got an excellent mark lately?
Have you bought a new book recently?
Have you heard from your grandparents recently?
Have you travelled recently?
Have you worked hard lately?

Susan has already bought the ticket to Boston. Susan has already taken books to the library. Susan hasn't made lunch yet. She hasn't written a letter to Granny yet. Susan has already given a call to Betty. Susan has already sent a telegramme to Daddy. Susan hasn't swum in the pool yet. Susan hasn't read the novel up to the end. Susan has already drunk the medicine.

1) ... he has flown to Paris with his Dad.
2) ... she has been to many countries.
3) ... she hasn't read the story up to the end.
4) ... he has fallen ill.
5) ... she has washed it.
6) ... he has fallen over on the ground.
7) ... he hasn't won the prize.

1. They have always lived in this city.

5. Zardak made Mr Kirk agree to go to the city centre with the use of these horns.
6. Mr Kirk explained to Mrs Evans that Vecon was a town in California because he didn't want Mrs Evans to know the truth about Zardak.
7. He didn't tell Mrs Evans the truth because she wouldn't believe it.
8. She wants to ask: «Where is it situated?»
9. Mr Kirk wanted to finish their talk because Zardak could tell Mrs Evans that he was from the planet Vecon. And Mr Kirk said that they were in a hurry.

I'll take him to the Tower of London, to the Trafalgar Square, to the Big Ben, to the Westminster Abbey.

The weather in London was rainy yesterday.
It is a fine weather in Moscow now.
It has been snowing in New York since Monday.
The weather in Paris has been cloudy since the 5th of October.

1. No, 1 don't travel often. Last 1 travelled in summer.
2. 1 travelled to the seaside.
3. 1 travelled there by train.
4. The quickest method of travelling is travelling by plane. The most comfortable travelling is travelling by train.
5. People usually travel by air if they want to get to the farthest places of the earth.
6. I think that it is interesting to travel by sea but I haven't done it.
7. My parents don't often travel by air. They buy tickets for the flight at the airport. It is expensive to travel by plane. People prefer travelling by plane because it is the quickest way of travelling.
8. People usually read newspapers when they are on the plane.
They usually sleep when they are on the train. And they usually
look through the window when they are on the bus.
9. Yes, I often travelled by car. 1 think that it is comfortable and
convenient. People travel by car because it is cheap.
10 People usually stay at hotels when they travel to far-away places. Yes, 1 have stayed at the hotel. It was very comfortable. The rooms were not very big. The food was rather tasty.

1. Mr Kirk was in the park one night.
2. Zardak came from the planet Vecon.
3. Mr Kirk took Zardak home.
4. Zardak hasn't seen anything on the Earth yet.
5. Zardak can watch television from his starship.
6. Zardak wants to make a tour about London.
7. Mrs Evan's sister lives in Los Angeles.
8. Mrs Evan's sister has lived there for 20 years.
9. Mr Kirk and Zardak are in a hurry.

A bedroom, fireplace, seaport, milkman, blackboard
В railway station, traffic lights, through train, return ticket, single ticket

1. Mr Nelson is an architect. He has build some modern cottages.
2. Mr Kirk is a baker. He has become famous for his wonderful bread.
3. Nelly is fond of painting. She has drawn funny pictures of animals.
4. Jack is a postman. He has brought me so many letters and magazines.
5. Angela is bad at mathematics. She has not learnt how to add well.
6. Steve is so ill now. He has not felt so bad since the operation.

One day our family went to the river. It was a very sunny day. Everybody was happy. We swam and played. But when we wanted to have our breakfast it started to rain. So we went home. And when we arrived home everybody was angry.

Lesson 5

parts of the city places of interest places to work money
road exhibition factory rouble
street gallery shop nickel
square museum hospital penny
park church bank pound
bridge monument airport dollar
railway station tower seaport dime
quarter

Red Square, the Tretiaykov Gallery, the Kremlin, the Moscow Zoo, Gorky Park
Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, Saint Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, Nelson's Memorial
White House, Lincoln Memorial, Capital

1. The centre of London is Trafalgar Square.
2. The National Gallery is situated in London.
3. The British Museum has got a big collection of paintings.
4. The largest park in London is Hyde Park.
5. There is a monument in the centre of Trafalgar Square.

b), b), с), с), a), a)
Russian flag is white, blue and red.
American flag is white, red and blue.

1. I'm going to play the piano.
2. Mary is going to play the guitar.
3. John is going to learn to play the violin.
4. Nick's sister is going to write songs for us.
5. My father is going to pay for the instruments.
6. Tim is going to organize our concerts.
7. We are going to become famous.

will, will, will, won't, won't, will, won't, will, won't, will, will, will

1. I'm going
2, 1 will go
3. will
4. are you going to do
5. will
6. is going

The plane is arriving half an hour later.
My friends are coming to Moscow for the weekend.
My grandparents are moving in a new flat next week.
When are they arriving?
She is leaving St Petersburg in two days.

caviar, honey, sour cream, pancakes

a) b) c)
a)
a)

caviar, pancakes, village, spaceship, scientist, science

M.B. Ломоносов (1711-1765)
Родился в селе Холмогоры неподалёку от Архангельска. Его отец был моряк. Своё образование начал в возрасте 19 лет. Стал первым русским академиком в 33 года. Основал Московский Университет в 1755 году. Был великим учёным, сделал много открытий в различных областях науки. В Москве поставлен памятник Ломоносову.
Ю.А. Гагарин (1934-1968)
Родился в маленькой деревне под Смоленском. Увлекался самолётами, космическими кораблями, ракетами. Стал первым в мире космонавтом в возрасте 27 лет. Полетел в космос 12 апреля 1961 года на борту космического корабля «Восток». В Москве на площади Гагарина ему поставлен памятник.
Джеймс Кук (1728-1779)
Родился в английской деревне. Его отец был бедным фермером. Стал мореплавателем, путешественником и первооткрывателем. Совершил три кругосветных путешествия, открыл много островов в Тихом океане, восточное побережье Австралии.
Джордж Вашингтон (1732-1799)
Родился в Америке в штате Виржиния. Был сыном богатого плантатора. В возрасте 43 лет стал генералом. Принимал участие в войне за независимость против Британии в 1775-1783 годах. Выиграл много битв. Первый президент США (1789-1797)

М. Lomonosov was born in 1711.
Y. Gagarin was the first Russian cosmonaut and A. Leonov was the first man in the open space.
M. Lomonosov was the first Russian academician.
M. Lomonosov founded Moscow University in 1755.
Y. Gagarin was from a small village near the city of Smolensk and he was interested in planes, spaceships and rockets.
James Cook was a seaman, traveller and discoverer.
He made three voyages around the world.
He discovered a lot of islands in the Pacific Ocean.
George Washington was the first US president. He took part in the War of Independence.

Ещё о британских и русских традициях

Каждый народ и каждая страна имеет свои традиции и обычаи. В Британии традиции играют большую роль, чем в других странах. Говорят, что жители Британии очень консервативны. Они гордятся своими традициями и бережно их чтят. Когда мы говорим о Британских традициях, надо всегда помнить, что в Британии четыре части: Англия, Шотландия, Уэльс и Северная Ирландия. В этих частях традиции разные.
Вы уже знаете некоторые английские традиции и праздники. Мы надеемся, что вы помните день Святого Валентина, день Святого Патрика, Хеллоуин, которые также стали традиционными американскими праздниками. Вот некоторые факты о старых английских традициях.
Одна старая легенда гласит, что Лондон может быть столицей страны, богатым и великим городом до тех пор, пока двенадцать чёрных воронов живут в Тауэре. У каждого есть своё имя, и смотрители внимательно следят за ними. Если одна из птиц умирает, то другой молодой ворон занимает её место. Лондонцы верят в эту легенду и всегда приносят какую-нибудь еду, когда идут в Тауэр. Смотрители подрезают крылья воронам, так как они боятся, что птицы могут улететь.
Другая старая английская традиция — это День Гая Фокса. Пятого ноября дети выходят на улицу с фигурами похожими на чучело. Они стоят на улицах и площадях и просят «Пенни для Гая». Потом на полученные деньги они покупают фейерверки и сжигают Гая (фигуру похожую на чучело) на костре.
Люди смотрят фейерверки, и некоторые вечером ходят на вечеринки.
У русских свои традиции. Масленица одна из них. Она длится неделю, чтобы попрощаться с зимой. Её отмечают в конце февраля или в начале марта. В течение этого праздника отмечается конец зимы и приход весны. В старые времена люди готовили блины, жгли костры, сжигали соломенные чучела зимы, пели песни и танцевали.
Во время масленичной недели люди всегда готовили блины. Они приглашали своих друзей и ели блины со сметаной, рыбой, икрой, маслом, сахаром, мёдом.
Хотя у разных стран разные традиции и праздники, люди по всему миру знакомы с некоторыми из них. Это Пасха, Рождество и Новый Год.
In Britain there are a lot of traditions. For example Guy Fawkes Day. In Russia we don't have such a holiday but we have Maslenitsa that people in GB don't have.

true, false, false, false, false, true, don't know

From the beginning of the text to the end of the second paragraph — Customs and traditions in GB.
From the beginning of the third paragraph to the end of the fourth paragraph — English customs and holidays.
From the fifth paragraph to the end of the text — Russian holidays.

a) Russia is the largest country in the world. It is situated in the North. The longest river in Russia is Volga. Old Russian towns on the Volga are Samara, Nizhny Novgorod, Volgograd. Yury Dolgoruky founded the capital of Russia in 1147. Red square is the heart of Mos¬cow. The birch tree is the most famous tree in Russia.
c) Christopher Columbus discovered America. The name of the ship that sailed from England to America was the «Mayflower». There were no women on board of the «Mayflower». George Washington was the first president of the United States. There are 50 states in the United States. Washington is the capital of the United States.

How many people are you going to invite?
What time will the party start?
Where are you going to have the party?
Who will cook the food?
What will you wear?

Will you help me to learn something about the American and British symbols? Sure, I will.
Will people laugh at this idea? No, of course, they won't.
Will you tell me something about the main cities of Russia? Yes, of course, I will.
Will you take me to the central square of your city? Yes, of course, I will.
Will you tell me a few words about famous Russian people? Yes, of course, I will.

Jane is arriving in Moscow at 5.30.
Jill is arriving in Moscow next Monday.
Fred and Bill are arriving in Moscow tomorrow.
Elizabeth is coming to Paris next week.
George's parents are coming to Paris next Friday.
They are coming to Paris at 7.15 tomorrow.
She is leaving for the airport at 8.00 tomorrow.
Bob is leaving Moscow at 6.00.
The Browns are leaving for London at 6.30.
The Clarks are leaving to a new flat next year.
She is moving to her summer cottage tomorrow.
They are moving to the country next week.
We are having a party at 17.00 tomorrow.
They are having a concert today.
The engineers are having a conference at 16.00.
The Greens are going away next month.
He is going to Africa tomorrow.
We are going to India in 5 days.

Lesson 6

a) waters b) plants c) places on the earth
ocean forest mountain
river tree field
sea grass stone
lake birch road
water flower garden
rain leaf hill
plant continent
ground
island
land
seaside

flower, forest, river, the sun, the moon

1. The Volga, the Lena, the Enisey, the Amazon river, the Nile.
2. There are forests, mountains, lakes, rivers, seas.
3. We can see plants, trees, animals in the forests and fields.
4. 1 can see clouds, birds in the sky.
5. England is situated on the British Islands, and Canada is situated
on the North American continent.
6. There are more than 250 countries in the world.

My favorite season is summer. It is hot in summer and I can swim a lot. In summer I have my holidays that's why I go to the seaside. The weather is usually fine. There are a lot of flowers and fruit. In summer we can spend a lot of time in the open air. We can play many games out¬side. I like summer very much.

length, long, strong, strength, wide, width, warm, warmth

curious, nationality, separates into, explore, sets, curious, rises, will continue

1. A channel, an ocean can separate two continents.
2. I'm Russian.
3. Yes, they are.
4. No, it doesn't. The English Channel separates England and France.
5. We call a person curious when he asks a lot of questions.
6. 1 don't know.
7. The sun rises very early in summer.
8. It' s very long.

1 used to eat a lot of sweets
Last summer my family used to have holidays.
My friend used to wear warm clothes.

a) He used to have an expensive car. He used to travel a lot.
He used to eat a lot.
He used to wear expensive clothes.
He used to go to the seaside.
He used to go to the restaurant.
b) He didn't use to save money.
c) Did he use to have a family?

Страны и континенты

Мы живём на планете Земля. Земля круглая. Если вы посмотрите на неё из космоса, то вы увидите сушу, моря, континенты и даже страны. Иногда вы можете увидеть их через облака. Они выглядят красиво, когда солнце встаёт или садится.
На нашей планете четыре океана и шесть континентов: Евразия, Северная и Южная Америка, Африка, Австралия, Антарктида. Континенты очень большие. Моря и океаны омывают их и отделяют друг от друга. Обычно на континентах много стран. Например, в Африке более сорока стран, но в Австралии только одна страна. Она носит имя континента. Австралия очень большая страна, но некоторые страны маленькие. Исландия очень маленькая страна. Она расположена на острове в северной Европе. Давайте перечислим некоторые страны на каждом континенте: Россия, Великобритания, Франция, Германия, Испания, Италия находятся в Европе. Китай, Индия, Вьетнам в Азии. Канада и Мексика в Северной Америке. Египет в Африке.
Самая большая страна в мире это Россия. Самая маленькая Ватикан. В каждой стране есть интересные люди, места, растения и животные.
В этих странах живут люди разных национальностей. Они говорят на разных языках. У каждой страны есть свой национальный флаг, гимн, традиции и обычаи.
The smallest country in the world is the Vatican.

1. The planet we live on is the Earth.
2. You will be able to see land, seas, oceans, continents and even countries.
3. There are four oceans on our planet.
4. There are six continents: Europe and Asia, North and South America, Africa, Australia, Antarctic.
5. Seas and oceans separate continents from each over.
6. Yes, there are many countries on continents, but there is only one country in Australia.
7. Russia is the largest country in the world.

Europe: Russia, the capital is Moscow, the flag is white, blue and red; France, the capital is Paris, the flag is blue, white and red; Germany, the capital is Berlin, the flag is black, red and yellow.
Asia: China, the capital is Peking, the flag is red and yellow; Vietnam, the capital is Hanoi, the flag is red and yellow.
America: Canada, the capital is Ottawa, the flag is white and red; the USA, the capital is Washington DC, the flag is red, white and blue.

It is Australia. People speak English there. The capital is Canberra, the flag is blue with five small stars and one big star. Also in the corner there is a small British flag.

People speak English in Canada. Ottawa is the capital of Canada. The colours are red and white.

My name is Lorance. I'm from France. I'm French. My language is French.
My name is Tony. I'm from Italy. I'm Italian. My language is Italian.
My name is Lisa. I'm form Germany. I'm German. My language is German.
My name is Carmen. I'm form Spain. I'm Spanish. My language is Spanish.
My name is Hans. I'm form Germany. I'm German. My language is German.
My name is George. I'm form Canada. I'm Canadian. My language is English.
My name is Ahmad. I'm form Egypt. I'm Egyptian. My language is Arabic.

We can see the Earth from the space. We can see seas, oceans, conti¬nents. There are six continents on the Earth: Europe and Asia, America (South and North), Africa, Australia, Antarctic. The smallest country is the Vatican and the biggest is Russia. In countries live people of different nationalities and they speak different languages.

Country Capital Nationality Language
Canada Ottawa Canadian English, French
Australia Canberra Australian English
USA Washington American English
Spain Madrid Spanish Spanish
Italy Rome Italian Italian
Egypt Cairo Egyptian Arabic
Germany Berlin German German

Canada, Russia, China, France, Italy, Australia

Berlin, Paris, Cairo, London, Ottawa, Canberra

1. The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
2. They continued to live in a small village.
3. When we were little we usually played with toy elephants and
with other toy animals.
4. What mountains separate Europe from Asia?
5. Where is she from? She is from France. She was born in Paris.
French is her native language.
6. What is the colour of the national flag of Russia?

One day a Paris newspaper gave an advertisement about a very cheap way of travelling. Many people believed it and sent the money. A few days later each of them got a letter. The letter read: «Sir, rest in bed and remember that the Earth turns. Paris turns together with the Earth. You travel more than 25.000 kilometers a day. You may look out of the window and enjoy your journey.»

Lesson 7

The USA, English, American Great Britain, English, British Australia, English, Australian Canada, English, French, Canadian

John, Great Britain
Mary, Australia
Mao, China
Marie, France
Monica, Canada
Sveta, Russia

Berlin is in Europe. It is in Germany.
Rome is in Europe. It is in Italy.
Delhi is in Asia. It is in India.
Ottawa is in North America. It is in Canada.
Madrid is in Europe. It is in Spain.
Washington DC is in North America. It is in the USA.

Yury Gagarin flew into space in 1961.
Valentina Tereshkova flew into space in 1963.
Alexey Leonov flew into space in 1965 and in 1975.
German Titov was in space in 1961.
Andrean Nikolaev was in space in 1962 and in 1970.

Alexey Leonov was the first Russian cosmonaut in the open space in 1965.

Mary already knows English and she is learning the Italian language now.
Liza already knows French and she is learning the English language now.
Betty already knows Spanish and Arabic and she is learning the Russian language now.
Lorance already knows German and Chinese and she is learning the Spanish language now.

The seas separate the continents.
The mountains separate the countries.
The forests separate the cities.
The river separates the countries.
The ocean separates the continents.
The sea separates the islands.

Bill used to take a holiday in the mountains in winter but now he doesn't.
Mary used to watch the sunset in the evening but now she doesn't.
She also used to watch the sunrise in the morning and she doesn't do it, either.
John used to go fishing with his father early in the morning but now he doesn't.
George used to be very curious when he was a child but now he isn't.
Tom used to explore new territories when he was young but now he doesn't.

1. Oh, no, he didn't. He used to cry a little.
2. Oh, no, they didn't. They used to explore the forests when they
were in South America.
3. Oh, yes, she did. She used to like fish.
4. Oh, yes, he did. He used to work in at company.
5. Oh, no, we didn't. We were not good friends.
6. Oh, no, she didn't. She used to be interested in postcards.
7. Oh, yes, he did. He used to be fond of animals.

1. Nelly and Ann were moving in a new flat at 11.30 yesterday.
2. Mrs Brown was selling vegetables at 5.45 yesterday.
3. The Greens were sailing to St. Petersburg at 8.00 yesterday.
4. Pete and Jack were fighting with each other at 7.00 yesterday.
5. Bill was preparing for his classes at 10.15 yesterday.
6. Andrew and Ted were listening to the music at 4.30 yesterday.

While you were shopping I was making my bed. While you were shopping I was cooking dinner. While you were shopping I was washing the floor. While you were shopping I was making tea. While you were shopping I was cleaning the carpet. While you were shopping I was cleaning the clothes. While you were shopping I was washing the window.

Her children were watching TV, fighting with each other, reading a book, sleeping and playing football.

When Andrew came home his grandparents were watching a feature film on TV; his father was reading a newspaper; his uncle was looking
through the magazine; his aunts were making jam; his cousins were playing with toys on the flour; his little brother was crying.

People learn foreign languages nowadays.

1. Did she really use to cook fantastic pancakes?
2. Did he really use to be a scientist?
3. Did she really use to be very much interested in science?
4. Did they really use to learn a lot about History and the main cities of Russia?
5. Did she really use to live in a small village?
6. Did he really use to get interesting information about space and space trips?

While the children were running their mother was reading a newspa¬per.
While my father was looking through the magazine my mother was cooking breakfast.
While Ann was reading a novel her sister was playing.
I was walking when 1 saw them in the street.
I was sleeping when the telephone rang.
Father was watching television when Peter came back home.

1. Ann was playing the flute at 3 o'clock yesterday and her brothers were playing the violin.
2. While Fred was switching on the vacuum cleaner his wife was switching on the washing machine.
3. When 1 was buying fruit 1 was talking to the seller.
4. My father was repairing the central heating at 7 o'clock yesterday.
5. Who was playing tennis when you entered the hall?
6. Little Tom was looking at the map of Europe when his sister told him about England.
7. What were you doing when your grandmother was cooking pancakes?
8. While children were listening to the music they were watching the sunrise.

1. Moscow is in Europe.
2. The Australian speak English.
3. The Urals separate Europe from Asia.
4. Egypt is in Africa.
5. The national Russian flag is white, blue and red.
6. John is a typical English name.

Lesson 8

The boys are playing with the ball.
The boys are painting.
The boys are washing the dishes.
The boys are eating.
The boys are swimming.

I was having breakfast at 9 o'clock yesterday.
I was watching TV at 11 o'clock yesterday.
I was reading a newspaper at 2 o'clock yesterday.
I was working in the office at 5 o'clock yesterday.
I was learning the foreign language at 7 o'clock yesterday.

1. When he was cleaning his teeth in the bathroom the telephone rang.
It was his Granny. He spoke to his Granny for a few minutes.
2. When he was having his breakfast the door bell rang. It was his friend.
3. When they were leaving for school they saw Robert's uncle from another city at the door. Robert took him in.
4. When Robert was showing their flat to his uncle there was a telephone call from his father. He explained to him why he was at home with his uncle.

Is there a library near your house?
Is there the Folk Art Museum near you?
Is there a circus in your city?
Where is the Picture Gallery situated in your city?
Is your house situated near the village?
Is there the building of the Art Exhibition near your house?

I studied yesterday. — 1 was studying yesterday at 3 o'clock.
I went to my grandmother last Sunday. — I was walking to my grandmother when the telephone rang
They came three days ago. — While I was reading a magazine they were coming home from the airport.

1. I didn't use to read books when I was a child.
2. I didn't use to watch TV when 1 was a child.
3. I used to cry when 1 was a child.
4. I used to play with toys when 1 was a child.
5. I didn't use to go to school when 1 was a child.
6. I didn't use to play the guitar when 1 was a child.

1. We need neither fruit nor vegetables.
2. We play neither the guitar nor the violin.
3. The group has explored neither the land nor the ocean.
4. I will go to neither Canada nor Australia.
5. She drinks neither coffee nor water after lunch.
6. Yesterday neither Jack nor Steve ate pancakes and sour cream,
a. Neither Ann nor Jill are fond of honey.

deep: lake, ocean, river, forest
high: building, tree, mountain, table
fresh: air, vegetables, milk, fruit

Johnny has saved a little child.
Johnny has saved a cat.
Johnny has saved a dog.
Johnny has saved a bird.
Johnny has saved an old man.
Johnny has saved a young girl.

Two mice have hidden in the cupboard. One mouse has hidden under the fridge. One mouse has hidden in the cup. One mouse has hidden in the plate. One mouse has hidden behind the bread. One mouse has hidden in the sink. One mouse has hidden in the drawer. One mouse has hidden on the shelf.

Животные в опасности
Люди живут на нашей планете уже много лет. Они жили и живут на разных континентах и в разных странах. Люди зависят от своей планеты, от солнца, от животных и растений вокруг них. Сегодня давайте прочтём и поговорим о некоторых животных на нашей планете.
Многие виды животных и птиц исчезают на Земле в настоящее время. Многие из них в опасности. Индийские тигры и Африканские слоны среди них. Люди охотятся и убивают много тигров в Индии и много слонов в Африке. Почему?
Тигры и слоны часто бывают опасны. Тигры могут убить коров, овец, других домашних животных, а иногда и человека. Некоторые люди боятся тигров и убивают их, чтобы защитить домашних животных и свои жизни. Но некоторые люди охотились на тигров ради веселья и их красивой шкуры. Они легко могут продать шкуру и получить много денег, так как цены на них очень высокие.
Результат очень плачевный. На Земле осталось очень мало Индийских тигров. Многие из них старые и больные. Многие тигры не охотятся на людей в настоящее время, а прячутся от них в дремучих, тёмных лесах. Или точнее они прятались в них раньше, сейчас осталось мало лесов для тигров. Люди вырубили много деревьев. И вопрос вот какой: «У этих животных есть будущее?»
Тот же самый вопрос мы можем задать по поводу Африканских слонов. Это прекрасные животные. Они могут помогать людям. В прошлом веке в Африке было полно слонов. Но в настоящее время их немного в парках Африки.
Это грустная история про Индийских слонов и Африканских тигров. Но многие менее опасные дикие животные исчезают в настоящее время на Земле. Современная жизнь плохо влияет на них. Воздух загрязнён. Вода грязная. У них часто нет хорошей пищи и мест обитания. Их имена вы можете найти в Красной Книге. Названия некоторых рыб вы также можете там увидеть.
Обо всех них люди должны особенно заботиться.
Мы должны сохранить диких животных.
Мы должны найти правильный баланс между землёй, людьми и животными.
Мы должны заботиться о природе.
Some animals are in danger because people have hunted them for many years. And animals often don't have forests to live in because people have cut down many trees. Very often animals don't have fresh air and clean water.
People have hunted and killed many tigers in India because tigers are very dangerous animals and people killed them to save their domestic animals and their lives. And some people have often hunted tigers for fun and for their beautiful skin. They can easily sell the skin and get a lot of money as the prices are high.

1. The life of the people on the Earth depends on the sun, on animals and plants around us.
2. They are disappearing because people have hunted them for years.
3. Yes, elephants can be useful. They can be used as transport.
4. Not only Indian elephants and African tigers are in danger.
5. Other animals are in danger because they don't have fresh air and clean water.
6. We can find the names of some animals, birds and fish in the Red Book because they are disappearing now.
7. People must take special care of animals and nature.

People on our planet depend on the sun, on animals and plants around them. But now animals are in danger. Indian tigers and African
elephants are among them. People have hunted and killed a lot of tigers and now there are few of them. People hunted tigers for their beautiful skin. And prices for the skin are high. African elephants are in danger too. There are not many of them in African parks.
Some birds are also disappearing from our planet. Often they don't have clean water and enough space to live. And the air is not very fresh. You can find names of some fish in the Red Book too.
People must take care of nature and animals. We must save them.

In this country animals and birds are also in danger. And we can't see animals in the forests because the forests are very dirty. The rivers are not clean. And of course people hunt animals. Nobody in this country thinks about how to save animals.

I was walking in the street when 1 saw a dog. The animal was in danger because there were many cars. The cars were coming very fast. And suddenly one struck the dog. The animal was killed at once.

Would you like to come to my birthday party?
I'd love to. When should 1 come?
The party will start at 15.00.
Would you like to go for a walk tomorrow?
I wish 1 could but I'm afraid 1 can't. I'm leaving for London tomorrow.
We are having a party on Friday night. Can you come?
I'm sorry but 1 have a lot of work to do.
1 do not feel like watching TV tonight. ...
Let's go to bed.
Can you come over for dinner on Wednesday?
Yes, when should I come?
Let's go to the cinema tomorrow. OK. Where shall we meet? We will meet at the cinema.

1. I like neither hockey nor football.
2. There are neither yellow nor blue flowers among these.
3. They could rescue neither animals nor birds.
4. She hid neither badges nor stamps.
5. There was neither fresh meat nor fresh fish in the shop.
6. Neither he nor I can save money.

1. He never goes deep in the forest.
2. There is always fresh air in the forest.
3. She is a tall girl.
4. They always bring fresh flowers to the Monument of the Unknown Soldier.
5. There was a high tower not far from the bridge.

1. Paul was watching TV when his mother came into his room.
2. Michael was drinking coffee while he was reading newspaper.
3. Don was writing a letter at 5 o'clock yesterday.
4. Ken used to prepare breakfast early in the morning.
5. Don and Kim were talking while they were playing chess.
6. Last Sunday Patty and her younger brother drove to the seaside for the weekend.

Вы здесь » school forum » 5-е Классы » Английский язык(Верищагина И.Н., Афанасьева О.В.)

Создать форум. Создать магазин